Major power shutdown in the Market this Saturday
A reminder the Melbourne Market will be undergoing routine maintenance for the high voltage power supply this Saturday 2 September.
This means the entire Market will have no power for the duration of the maintenance period from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
Flower Market stand holders should have received a letter with all the details they need to know but here are the key points below:
- Before the outage, it’s recommended all tenants with cooling keep PIR panel doors closed to retain desired temperatures as long as possible. As the shutdown is only scheduled for four hours, the temperatures won’t change dramatically in cool rooms if PIR panel doors are kept closed. PIR panels used to construct cool rooms are designed to keep temperatures within one degree over a 24 hour period.
- Check with your cooling supplier to make sure your cooling will automatically resume once power is restored. If not, you will need to either be onsite yourself or have a contractor onsite to check your system is up and running.
- Consider minimising stock holdings in stores or warehouses during the weekend of 2 September.
- If you have electronic equipment such as computers or laptops make sure you save all the data before switching them off.
- Don’t forget to remove all perishables from office refrigerators.
- Four portable toilets will be available throughout the Market and you can view these locations here.
- You can still access the site during the shutdown but restrictions will apply.
You can also check out the information on the MMA website here.
MarketFresh News out now
Don’t forget to collect your copy of the winter edition of MarketFresh News.
Copies are available at the Customer Service Centre and the cafes.A copy of the magazine is also available digitally here.
Melbourne Polytechnic short courses will inspire
Melbourne Polytechnic is presenting a series of skills development demonstrations, workshops and master classes to inspire and add to your technical knowledge to create innovative and exciting floral designs.
Get in quick and secure your spot in the September workshop, see below:
CONTEMPORARY GARDEN INSPIRED WEDDING BOUQUET WORKSHOP
Tour the Fairfield Campus gardens to forage and harvest interesting and unusual autumn materials including decorative fruits, seeds, leaves, succulents and nuts to create an autumn wedding bouquet.
Date: Tuesday 12th September
Time: 6.00 – 9.00pm
Cost: $130 (GST inclusive)
To enrol please contact the Short Course Office on 03 9269 8615 or via email.