COVID-19 Update – Mandatory Vax 1 Oct 2021

COVID update – 1 October 2021 View this email in your browser
Mandatory Vaccination for Authorised Workers – 1 October 2021
The Victorian Government today announced that all authorised workers require their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by Friday, 15 October to continue working.  In addition, they will need to be fully vaccinated by 26 November.

The Melbourne Market is essential in the fresh produce and flower supply chain, and as such, the people who work at and buy from the market are considered authorised workers.  This public health order therefore applies to all Melbourne Market access cardholders, including contractors and visitors. 

How will we verify vaccinated individuals?
From next week the MMA will set up a designated area for market users to bring along proof (e.g. Vaccination Certificate) of their single or double vaccination status. 
Your vaccination certificate will be sighted, along with your photo ID, and noted in your market user account. This will then trigger the printing of an updated access card which will include a new vaccination symbol. The MMA will not keep your personal health records on file, only sight them. 

From 15 October, vaccinated market users will simply utilise their new access card with the vaccination symbol for continued access into the market. 

The MMA will use the next fortnight to sight vaccination certificates and prepare access cards to minimise any disruption upon entry when the new public health orders come into effect on 15 October. We will provide further details about where and when to present your vaccination certificate for sighting in the coming days. 

Get vaccinated
The good news is that based on the MMA’s recent survey, responses to date indicate that over 80% of market users are already single or double vaccinated. For the other 20% of the market community, we urge you to do your part and get your vaccination as soon as possible. As authorised workers, we are currently moving around Victoria more than most and are at a higher risk of contracting a spreading the virus. So it’s vital you get vaccinated to protect yourself, your families, your businesses and all of Victoria.  

Questions
A summary of previous COVID-19 updates are kept on our website; click here to access.
If you have any further questions, you can call the 24-hour security number, 0408 334 555. 
Copyright © 2021 Melbourne Market Authority, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a member of the Melbourne Market community

Our mailing address is:
Melbourne Market AuthorityBox 1 55 Produce DriveEpping, Vic 3076Australia
Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

For all enquiries call 03 9258 6100

8AM - 4PM, MON - FRI