Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 27 July
|Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 27 July View this email in your browser|
|Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – Tuesday 27 July|
Earlier today, the Government announced that the whole of Victoria would move out of stage 4 lockdown restrictions from 11.59 pm tonight, Tuesday 27 July.
This is welcome news for retail businesses, the hospitality industry and those juggling the demands of remote learning. However, for our day-to-day work at the Melbourne Market, the restrictions currently in place largely remain unchanged.
What restrictions change?
– Market cafes can return to seated service; however, density limits will apply.
– Visitors will be allowed back onto the site, including market tours (with participant caps in place)
What restrictions remain the same?
– Face masks still need to be worn at all times while at the market in both indoor and outdoor locations. Masks are vital in reducing the risk of the transfer of the virus.
– Gates 2 and 3 and the P1 pedestrian turnstile will remain closed, with all vehicle and foot traffic required to come through Gate 1; this allows Market Relations Officers to ensure that all market users are wearing a face mask.
– Only one person per electric vehicle or buggy to ensure social distancing.
– Social distancing must continue to be adhered to at all times.
With NSW still battling rising COVID cases, there is a risk the virus could be brought back to Victoria and flare up again.
Whilst commercial freight drivers coming from NSW are now required to be tested for COVID-19 every three days, they are considered a heightened risk for virus exposure. As one of the key freight and logistics hubs for fresh produce, everyone at the Melbourne Market needs to play their part and strictly adhere to COVID rules.
Penalties for non-compliance
As communicated last week, in response to the ongoing risk to market businesses and safety, the MMA increased the severity of penalties for non-compliance for mask-wearing and social distancing.
1st offence – official warning recorded on users file
2nd offence – 24-hour suspension
3rd offence – 14-day suspension
Thank you to those market users who continue to do the right thing and follow COVIDSafe rules.
A summary of previous COVID-19 updates and operational changes are kept on our website; click here to access.
If you have any further questions, you can call the 24-hour security number, 0408 334 555.
|Copyright © 2021 Melbourne Market Authority, All rights reserved.|
You are receiving this email as a member of the Melbourne Market community
Our mailing address is:
Melbourne Market AuthorityBox 1 55 Produce DriveEpping, Vic 3076Australia
Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences