This Week in the Market, Edition 92 – 26 July 2016
In today’s This Week in the Market come along to our next free Market business forum next week, we say thank you to our schools program sponsors and entries are now open for the Australian Export Awards.
Join us next week for a free business forum – ATO tax essentials workshop
The MMA are pleased to present our next free Market business forum hosted by Grant Little from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Grant has over 16 years experience working for the ATO including working with tax agents, logdement compliance and is now focusing on an educational role. Grant has a broad range of industry experience including automotive, customer service, banking and superannuation.
If you’re starting a new business or even if you’ve been in business for a while, come along and learn about:
- Tax and superannuation implications for growing businesses,
- Record keeping – understanding how to keep track of your business,
- Reporting online to save time,
- Business structures – which is best for you,
- Registering your business, including GST, pay as you go withholding, FBT and more,
- Small business tax concessions, and
- where to go when you need help.
The session will conclude with time to ask questions.
When: Tuesday 2 August
Time: 8:30am concluding by 10:00am
Where: Melbourne Market conference room, ground floor administration building.
RSVP: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warehousing at the Melbourne Market – come and see for yourself!
Come along and view the three available warehouses in buildings 5 & 6.
The open for inspections will be held on:
- Wednesday 27 July 10:00am (meeting place is in front of building 5 shared amenities), and
- Monday 8 August.
The expression of interest process is now open, visit the Melbourne Market website to find out more and submit your expression of interest by 31 July 2016.
For more information or to discuss your requirements contact Matt Elliott on 0448 908 821 or email via Matthew.Elliott@melbournemarket.com.au.
Don’t forget, the MMA is also accepting expressions of interest for building 7. This is small format warehousing, with direct light commercial vehicle access – ideal for greengrocers and provedores. Plus 24/7 access for warehouse tenants.
Check out the plan here.
MarketFresh Schools Program
Did you know the MMA run a MarketFresh Schools Program? While the program is managed by the MMA, it wouldn’t be able to operate without the generous support from stakeholders and the fresh produce industry.
The program is structured to educate school children about the importance of consuming fresh fruit and vegetables daily as part of a healthy, balanced diet and includes:
- Nutrition of fruit and vegetables,
- How fresh fruits and vegetables are grown, harvested and an overview of the supply chain in the Australian fresh produce industry, and
- Tastes and textures of fruit and vegetables with students encouraged to taste test fresh produce.
Each student also received a 50+ page booklet with further details, activities and recipes to encourage the children to continue to eat fruit and veggies every day. This booklet has just been updated and is ready for the new school term. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
Last financial year, the program has reached a massive 13,266 Victorian students across 98 schools!
A special thank you to all our MarketFresh Schools Program contributors who donate delicious produce for the children to sample.
|Young Sang||Cucumbers and capsicums|
|Wallace Vegetable Farms||Capsicums|
|Schreurs & Sons||Celery|
|C & S Ponte||Watermelons|
|Fresh Berry Co||Strawberries|
|Melbourne Pear Company||Apples and pears|
|V Brancatisano & Sons||Pineapples|
|V.B. Sculli||Oranges and pineapples|
|Geelong Citrus Packers||Oranges|
|Horticulture Innovation Australia||Bananas|
|G. Tresco||Stone fruit|
|The Apple Arcade||Stone fruit|
|Baxter Valley Produce||Dutch Carrots|
If you know a school that would benefit from this program, head to the MarketFresh website for more details.
Would you like to be part of this great program? Contact the MMA today to see how you can be involved.
54th Australian Export Awards – Applications now open
The Australian Export Awards (AEA) is a national program that honours Australian businesses for their export achievements and contribution to Australia’s economic prosperity.
Enter for your chance to:
- Boost your profile and reputation among local and international customers.
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors as an AEA winner/finalist.
- Increase your profile with the Australian Government and your state/territory government.
- Attend a masterclass hosted by business experts and top exporters.
- Critically review your business during the application process and uncover ways to improve export strategies and operations.
- Gain media exposure for your achievements.
- Network with other exporters.
Enter the AEA through your state or territory’s export awards program. There are 12 national award categories, entry is free and the application process is straightforward. The application processes for Victoria close on 31 July 2016.
Visit www.exportawards.gov.au for more information and to apply.
Buildings 5 & 6 available warehouses open for inspection
- This Wednesday 27 July at 10:00am
- 8 August
Warehouse EOI closes
- 31 July
Free Market business forum – ATO tax essentials workshop
- 2 August
- 3 September 2016
Ask the MMA
If you’ve got a question for the MMA email it to email@example.com.