This Week in the Market edition 135 – 13 June 2017
|In today’s This Week in the Market, Emergency Management training at the Market, have your say regarding the North East Link and don’t forget to register your children to visit the Market.
Emergency Management training at the Market
To assist in creating a safe working environment, the MMA is offering a free training session on the emergency management procedures at the Melbourne Market.
The course will provide information regarding:
The course will provide information on:
- location of emergency assembly areas
- warden structures and covering basic responsibilities
- raising the alarm of an emergency
- evacuating safely in the event of a fire or hazardous materials emergency
- the type of fire equipment available
The session is open to all Market users with tea and coffee provided.
When: Thursday 29 June
Where: MMA Conference Centre, Ground Floor, MMA Administration Building
Time: 8.00am – 9.30am
For more information contact the Help Desk on 03 9258 6149.
North East Link community survey
The North East Link is an important piece of infrastructure missing for the Market community travelling from the south east.
Once constructed it will provide superior freight connections in Dandenong and agriculture connections in Gippsland headed for the Market.
The North East Link Authority is undertaking an online community survey to help the Authority:
– understand what people value in their local neighbourhood
– gather information about how and when people travel around the North East Link study area and across the regionSurvey results will help the Authority prepare the business case for the North East Link.
The survey is particularly relevant for people who live in, or travel through, the study area as shown in the map above (bordered by the Eastern Fwy and EastLink to the south, and Metropolitan Ring Rd to the north-west).
The survey will take 10 minutes to complete and can be found here.
Children in the Market
Don’t forget to register your children to visit the Market during the Term Two school holidays on Tuesday, 4 July and Wednesday, 5 July.
Registrations will close on Monday, 3 July and are limited to the first 100 registered children.
Download the registration form here and read the accompanying information carefully, ensuring your business nominee has signed it before returning it to the MMA as soon as possible.
Contact the MMA on 9258 6100 for more information.
Free webinar for new Country of Origin Labelling laws
The Deputy Chair of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Dr Michael Schaper, along with representatives from the Voice of Horticulture and the Australian Food & Grocery Council, are holding a free webinar regarding the new Country of Origin Labelling laws on Thursday 22 June AEST at 6.30pm.
The hour-long webinar will focus on the practical issues for businesses complying with the new food labelling requirements before they become mandatory on 1 July 2018.
It will provide key tips and highlight potential traps for businesses transitioning to the new labels.
The webinar will address the following questions:
- Who needs to make a country of origin claim?
- What do ‘grown’, ‘produced’, ‘made’ and ‘packed’ mean?
- When can I make a ‘made in’ claim?
- How do I calculate the percentage of Australian content in my products?
- How will the new requirements be enforced?
for more information and to register your interest.
Term 3 and Term 4 forklift refresher training course dates
- 20 and 21 June, 2017
- 18th and 19th July, 2017
- 22nd and 23rd August, 2017
- 20th and 21st September, 2017
- 18th and 19th October, 2017
- 22nd and 23rd November, 2017
Time: 8.00am to 11.00am
Cost: $324.50 (includes GST)
At the end of the course participants will receive a certificate of participation.
For further information call 03 9269 8615 or email: email@example.com
Emergency Management training
Children in the Market
- Tuesday 4 July 2017
- Wednesday 5 July 2017