This Week in the Market, Edition 106 – 1 November 2016
In today’s This Week in the Market, we ask, have you RSVP’d to the Recycling Info Session? Plus important information on EFS storage building maintenance and free Mango POS kits for greengrocers.
This Thursday – have you registered for the recycling info session? Come along to receive your 100KG general waste voucher.
- New initiatives in recycling designed to reduce your Market operating costs including new savings in organic waste and plain pallet disposal.
- Tips and tricks of the trade to make sure you’re making the most of the Market’s recycling program.
- Special offers available to Market users utilising IKON for their waste management.
- Opportunity to talk one-on-one with IKON to discuss your recycling needs.
- Learn how you can reduce your organic waste bill and get a tax deduction through donations to Foodbank Victoria.
Places are limited, secure your spot and RSVP today.
100KG FREE general waste
Date: Thursday 3 November 2016
Time: 8:00am to 9:00am
Location: Tenancy 80, Mezannine level of the Buyers’ Walk (above the Customer Service Centre)
RSVP: email@example.com or 9258 6100.
Download the flyer.
*limit of one voucher per Market business. Voucher can only be redeemed at the Melbourne Market recycling transfer centre.
Forklift and Electric Vehicle Storage – building maintenance
Do you have a forklift or electric vehicle parking bay in EFS 1, 2 or 3?
From 12:00am on Tuesday, 8 November to 6:00am on Thursday, 10 November, the MMA will be renumbering forklift and electric vehicle storage bays in all three storage areas (otherwise known as EFS 1, EFS 2 and EFS 3).
Letters have been sent to all business principals with an allocated EFS bay with important information regarding the scheduled works.
If you have not received your letter or would like further information about the works, please contact the Melbourne Market Help Desk on 0437 006 459.
Did you know?
New businesses to the Market use the Melbourne Market Navigator App to find suppliers contact details?
Make sure your details are up to date. Download the App for free and check your business listing today. Available for free on Apple and Android.
Aussie Mangoes set for another successful PR and Social Season – Plus free point of sale kits now available!
Mango Point of Sale Kits are now available for collection from outside the Melbourne Market customer service centre. This year, the kits include posters, recipes, storage and handing tips as well as colourful mango bunting for your store. Stocks are limited so get in quick!
This year is set to be Aussie Mangoes’ biggest season yet, the campaign for the mango emoji kicked off in September. The campaign invites social media influencers and mango lovers alike to advocate for the inclusion of a mango emoji. Get on-board and use #mangoemojiplease
Other initiatives driven by Horticulture Innovation Australia include:
- celebrating Mess-tival’s 5th birthday at Sydney’s Bondi Beach on December 4th, where nippers will get to perform their activities with mangoes and participate in mango eating competitions, as well as tasting mangoes and much more. Celebrations will aired on national TV.
- working with foodie influencers encouraging them to share their love for mangoes by posting mango serving suggestions and recipes across their social media platforms, YouTube channels and blogs.
- grower famils, to provide the mango loving community with a behind-the-scenes look into the industry.
- recipes, industry tidbits, cooking tips and storage suggestions with media to maximise awareness and ensure mangoes are kept top of mind.
Alongside this, the Aussie Mangoes Facebook and Instagram pages will be sharing recipes and cooking tips, running mango madness competitions, posting trivia content, seasonal information, how-to videos and the mango emoji campaign.
Melbourne Cup Public Holiday – Market Closed
- 1 November 2016
Extended trading following Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- 2 November 2016 – Fruit and Vegetable Market will open at 3:30am
Recycling Info Session
- Thursday 3 November 2016
Forklift and electric vehicle storage renumbering
- week beginning 7 November 2016
Ask the MMA
If you’ve got a question for the MMA email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.