This Week in the Market, Edition 104 – 18 October 2016
In today’s This Week in the Market, learn how your business can start saving money through recycling and help fight hunger with Foodbank Victoria.
Learn how your business can start saving money
Come along to a FREE info session on recycling in the Market and learn about:
- How to make the most of the Market’s recycling program to save your business money.
- Special offers available to Market users utilising Ikon for their waste management.
- Opportunity to talk one-on-one with Ikon to discuss your recycling needs.
- Learn how you can reduce your organic waste bill and get a tax deduction through donations to Foodbank Victoria.
Further details will be available next week, but secure your spot now as places are limited.
Date: Thursday 3 November 2016
Time: 8:00am to 9:00am
Location: Tenancy 80, Mezannine level of the Buyers’ Walk (above the Customer Service Centre)
Blitz on recycling contamination continues
Thank you to all Market users separating their waste at the recycling satellite stations. We would like to remind everyone that the recycling blitz is continuing this week.
Market Relations Officers will be on the look out for rubbish dumping and disposing of incorrect items in recycling bins.
Top tips to avoid being caught out include:
- Be sure to separate your recycling and place in the correct bins, e.g. remove all organic waste from cardboard boxes before disposal.
- Remove plastic wrap and elastic bands from organic waste.
- Remember, satellite stations are for small quantities only, all bulk waste should be taken to the recycling transfer centre located next to gate two.
Did you know?
You can now view live traffic updates on your smart phone via theMelbourne Market Navigator App. Simply download the App today for free from the App Store or Google Play to view the latest traffic alerts and freeway travel times.
Help fight hunger with Foodbank Victoria
Donate your produce to Foodbank Victoria and you will help to feed the 134,000 Victorians who rely on food assistance each month.
Together, we can fight hunger in Australia and provide healthy food for all.
Foodbank will provide a tax receipt for all food donations.
Donate today at Melbourne Markets Stand 148 or contact Ranga, our Fresh Food Coordinator on 0466 314 615.
Forklift and electric vehicle storage renumbering
Melbourne Cup Public Holiday – Market Closed
- 1 November 2016
Extended trading following Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- 2 November 2016 – Fruit and Vegetable Market will open at 3:30am
Ask the MMA
If you’ve got a question for the MMA email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.