This Week in the Market – 29 March 2022
|Edition 350 View this email in your browser|
|In this week’s Market News:|
– New Advisory Committee Members
– Children in the Market Returns
– Easter Trading Hours
New Advisory Committee term commences
Last week a joint advisory committee meeting was held with all new and returning committee members, commencing the new three-year term. During the kick-off meeting, committee members and the MMA discussed future projects and initiatives at the Melbourne Market as well as issues most important to our market community.
Advisory committees work with the MMA to advise on matters relating to market operations and the fresh produce industry. Committee members are leaders within our market community and can provide information and advice to market users. As well as speaking directly to the MMA or market operations team, you can speak to your advisory committee members about the market and industry issues that are important to you.
– Nicholas Patsuris (Chair), Patsuris Premium Produce
– Anthony Pignataro, Glow Fresh
– Vince Doria, Freni and Doria
– Ricky Mazaris, Mazcorp 5
– Frank Attana, Butler Market Gardens
– Dean Lamb (Chair), Watts Fresh
– Desmond (Des) Hopwood, Henrys Mercato
– Graham Gee, The Happy Apple Greengrocer
– Andrew Sculli, Sculli Brothers
– Kara Maisano, Masani Dining Group
– Harry Kapiris (Chair), Kapiris Bros
– Brett Collins, Perfection Fresh
– Michael Barker, Barkers Fresh Produce
– Thanh Truong, Aus Asia Produce
– Jason Cooper, Fresh State Limited
– Vince Cidoni (Chair), Grown Florist
– Dianne Templeton, Buds & Branches
– Michael Pavlou, Floriculture
– Ilayda Kaplan, Halit Flowers
– 5th position vacant
Over the coming weeks, we will be profiling each of our advisory committee members for you to get to know a little more about them.
Children in the Market Returns!
We are very excited that after two long years, we are finally welcoming children back into the market these school holidays! Children in the Market is a favourite event for many market users and we can’t wait to welcome families back into the market for a fun morning!
The Children in the Market event will be held on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 April. Children must be pre-registered before the event and accompanied by their parent or guardian at all times. Keep an eye on next week’s newsletter for registration forms and further details.
Easter Trading Hours
The Melbourne Market will be closed on public holidays during the Easter and Anzac Day period as follows:
– Thursday 14 April – regular trading hours
– Friday 15 April (Good Friday) – Market Closed
– Saturday 16 April – Flower Market Closed
– Monday 18 April (Easter Monday) – Market Closed
– Tuesday 19 April – regular trading hours
– Wednesday 20 April – regular trading hours
– Thursday 21 April – regular trading hours
– Friday 22 April – regular trading hours
– Saturday 23 April – Flower Market open
– Monday 25 April (ANZAC Day) – Market Closed
Vale George Georgiou
The MMA and Market community offer condolences to the family of George Georgiou, who passed away Wednesday, 23 March. George was the owner of Centro Veg and leaves behind his wife Christalla, son Harry and daughter Helen. Funeral to be held at St Andrews in Forest Hill, Wednesday 6 April, 11am.
Rest in Peace, George
$76,274 raised for DEBRA Australia
We are very pleased to share that through the 2022 Melbourne Market Golf Day just over $76,000 was raised for DEBRA Australia, bringing the total amount raised for DEBRA over our long-standing relationship to an incredible $620,000. On behalf of The Melbourne Market Lions Club, Fresh State, Toyota and the MMA we would like to thank our community for their generosity and for making this possible. Funds raised will go a long way to improving the lives of those living with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
Only smoke in designated smoking areas.
Connecting Australian grape growers with Asia
Australian table grape exporters continue to turn to existing relationships to meet the ongoing demand for their product in Asia, but new promotional efforts will help them explore further opportunities this season. According to a report from Austrade, demand and prices for Australian table grapes in China remain high. Click here to find out more. Scholarship to help young farmers grow their careers
Young farmers across the state can now apply for the 2022 Upskill and Invest Young Farmers Scholarships to help their careers grow and support their contribution to Victoria’s vibrant agriculture sector. Launching this year’s scholarship program today, Agriculture Victoria’s Acting Executive Director of Agriculture Policy, Dr Julie Simons encourages young farmers to apply for the scholarships that will allow them to take the next steps in their agricultural careers. Click here to find out more.
Melbourne Market Job Board
Do you have a vacancy to fill in your business?
Email email@example.com for the position to be placed on our online job board.
Looking for a new role? Check out the online job board via the button below. View full online job board
Simon George & Sons
Customer Service Position
A full-time early morning data entry & customer service position has become available in our busy Epping warehouse, based in the Melbourne Markets.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
– Fast and accurate data entry of orders
– Answering phones
– Liaising with customers
– Organising driver runs
– Advising of product availability
– General administrative duties and office support
The selected candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, hold a keen eye for detail and have a positive and proactive approach to work. Previous use of the ‘Fresh’ system is highly regarded, however, full training will be provided.
This is a permanent full-time role with varied shifts as follows:
– Tuesday to Saturday roster
– Tues, Wed & Thurs; 8am start
– Friday & Saturday; 4am start (early start, early finish!)
Interested applicants should send their CV to Robert: firstname.lastname@example.org.ShareTweetForward
Ask the MMA
If you’ve got a question for the MMA email it to: email@example.com.
|Copyright © 2022 Melbourne Market Authority, All rights reserved.|
You are receiving this email because you are on the Melbourne Market Authority distribution list.
Our mailing address is:
*Box 1, 55 Produce Drive, Epping, VIC, 3076*
update subscription preferences