Flower Market Circular, Edition 91 – 20 July 2016
In today’s Flower Market Circular, we ask can you help make a wish come true? Plus a reminder for this weekend’s open morning, details on a deep clean of the Flower Market and make sure your insurance is up to date.
Can you help make a wish come true?
Make-A-Wish Australia grants the wishes of children aged 3-18 who are battling life-threatening illnesses. A wish has made it’s way to the Market, and now is your chance to get involved!
With incredible support from The Style Co, Make-A-Wish is currently preparing a very special wish for Breanna, 12, who wishes to be an event manager.
Breanna’s enchanted fairytale ball will be held on Sunday 30 July, and to create the breathtaking magical forest backdrop she imagines, Make-A-Wish is seeking donations of a range of foliage and flowers.Click here to the image below to view the flowers and foliage required.
If you, or someone you know can donate any of these items, get in touch today! Even if you can only donate a small amount, every little bit helps. The team from The Style Co will be in the Market on Thursday 28 July.
Breanna was born with biliary atresia, which stopped her liver from working properly. Fortunately one day a couple of years ago, a magical phone call came and Breanna received a life-saving liver transplant.
With this second chance at a healthy life, Breanna decided she wants to help other really sick children through her passion for parties.
If you’re interesting in helping out and would like to donate, contact Tim from The Style Co on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping to make this wish come true!
Reminder – Flower Market Open Morning – This Saturday from 5:30 am
This morning will provide a first-time buying experience at Epping with the support of seasoned Market professionals.
The event is only open to those working within the Flower industry and are yet to visit Epping. To date, the event has attracted over 13 potential flower buyers.
The open morning consists of a guided tour of the trading area, introductions to all participating stand holders and concludes with a hot drink with question time. Each visitor will also receive a gift bag as well as free parking.
Visitors to the Flower Market will each be receiving a voucher redeemable on the morning of the visit.
The voucher entitles the user to receive $10 off on purchases of $25 of more from participating stand holders.
If you know any florists who could benefit from attending, bookings can be made via https://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=207366
This initiative by C the Market is supported by Flowers Victoria and the MMA.
At the Market
Deep clean of the Flower Market floor – Saturday 30 July to Monday 1 August
Following trade on Saturday 30 July, the MMA will begin a deep clean of the Flower Market concrete floor.
The clean is estimate to take three days, and will be completed prior to trade on Tuesday 2 August.
What this means for you:
- As per the conditions of your licence agreement, no items are to be left on trading stands within the Flower Market Building. All items are to be packed away at the end of trade. This includes, but is not limited to:
- No deliveries of stock can be made within the Flower Market building during the clean. We recommend you advise any suppliers to reschedule deliveries outside of these days.
- There will be limited access inside the Flower Market during this time.
- Items can be stored within coolrooms or on the rear of the Flower Market (at your own risk).
Any items left on stands post-trade on Saturday 30 July will be removed by the MMA at the cost of the stand holder.
If you have questions about this clean, contact the MMA on 9258 6100.
Has your certificate of currency expired?
Most certificate’s of currency (CoC) for public liability insurance expire on 30 June.
If you’re CoC has expired, you will need to supply the MMA with a new version as a condition of your lease or licence agreement with the MMA.
What you need to do:
- Check your records, or check with your insurance provider to see if your CoC has expired.
- If it has, request a new CoC from your insurance provider.
- Submit this to the MMA via email@example.com.
For more information, contact the MMA on 9258 6100.
Free business forum – ATO tax essentials workshop
The MMA are pleased to present our next free Market business forum hosted by Grant Little from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Grant has over 16 years experience working for the ATO including working with tax agents, logdement compliance and is now focusing on an educational role. Grant has a broad range of industry experience including automotive, customer service, banking and superannuation.
If you’re starting a new business or even if you’ve been in business for a while, come along and learn about:
- Tax and superannuation implications for growing businesses,
- Record keeping – understanding how to keep track of your business,
- Reporting online to save time,
- Business structures – which is best for you,
- Registering your business, including GST, pay as you go withholding, FBT and more,
- Small business tax concessions, and
- where to go when you need help.
The session will conclude with time to ask questions.
When: Tuesday 2 August
Time: 8:30am concluding by 10:00am
Where: Melbourne Market conference room, ground floor administration building.
RSVP: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flower Market open morning
- 23 July
Flower Market deep clean
- 30 July to 1 August