First Day of Trade at Epping – Flower Market
We’re here! Congratulations everyone for achieving a successful first day of trade at our new Flower Market.
It was fantastic to see the Market in full swing this morning, full of fresh flowers and familiar smiling faces.
We appreciate everyone’s patience with parking and access and understand there were some settling in issues experienced today. Please be advised that all flower buyers will be given access to the Market via Gate 1.
A couple quick reminders:
- Remember to display your access card at all times. Easy options are wearing a lanyard, clipping your card to your vest, using a vest with a plastic display pocket or an arm band.
- If you haven’t applied for your access card, visit the ground floor of the Melbourne Market administration building this week.
- Parking allocations can be found on the website as well as information on how to apply for parking or obtain a parking permit.
- If you have received your parking permit ensure you display it on your windscreen.
- Check the bay number on your permit. The bay number is written in black. Refer to the below diagram:
- If you require parking inside the market, regardless of if you need reserved or unreserved bays please ensure you organise this through the MMA by calling 03 9258 6132 or visiting the ground floor of the administration building 5.30 am – 10.00 am Monday-Friday. All vehicles parked inside the Market require a parking permit to be displayed
- If you have queries relating to the site such as traffic, unauthorised parking in your allocated bay, security or maintenance, contact the Help Desk: 0437 006 459.
As I have said before, how we operate on day one, may not be the way we do things on day 30, 60 or 100. We will continue to evaluate, adapt and change however I’m pleased to report that day one has been a great starting point.
Congratulations to everyone.
Chief Executive Officer